Monday, August 16, 2010

If your friend's crush is flirting with you, should you tell her?

My friend's (';Becky';) crush (';Jay';) is in one of my classes. He found out a few wks ago that I know Becky when she told me who her crush was. He paused when I asked him if he knew my friend and said he knew she liked him and he kinda liked her too then said he really liked her.


Jay and I have talked before, mostly about class. But he calls me baby, hugs me (while he shakes my friends' hands, 1 of who he knows), puckered up at me once and recently kissed my hand when I was talking with a classmate. He seems too friendly and it makes me uncomfortable.





Becky really likes Jay. Shes a good friend of mine and I don't wanna see her get hurt. I've NEVER liked Jay nor flirted back with him. I'm afraid of how I should tell Becky or if I shouldn't. I had a dream a few wks ago I told Becky that the guy she likes (who wasnt Jay in the dream) wasn't who she thought he was and she didn't wanna believe me. I don't want that to come true.





So what should I do? Talk to Jay and tell him he makes me feel uncomfortable or tell Becky? Please help and no rude answers!If your friend's crush is flirting with you, should you tell her?
Talk to Jay. Tell him that you feel uncomfortable with him being so friendly with you, but make sure he knows you are not mad with him. You should not tell Becky until you clear things up with Jay. If the problem goes away, then Becky can still like him. However, if you feel that Becky will just get hurt by Jay because he is flirting with other girls, then tell her she should probably move on.If your friend's crush is flirting with you, should you tell her?
dont flirt with him back or anything, she will feel very hurt and betrayed


i wouldnt tell her either because then it will get her down that jay might like you and not her


confront jay first and say what he is doing is making you uncomfortable


you dont even have to use words


just show it


give him the msg you aren't intrested


show that you would only like to be his friend and nothing else
First thankxx 4 answering my quest. n i've nvr been in this position so i guess u should try VERRY hard not 2 let HIM flirt w/ u. or just ask him if he likes u ( i noe vry hard) n tell him u don like him tat way.he said he liked ur friend right? OHH. u can give him tips on how 2 ask ur friend out? like ';u should ask Becky out!!'; ';u guys match!'; n stuff so he gets the idea u don like him? Good Luck!
Do both. He needs to understand his boundaries and letting her know what the truth is will prevent a rumor from biting you in the but and causing conflict in your friendship.
talk to Becky first since she is your friend and that will seem like the right thing to do then talk to Jay about the situation


good luck :)
first you should clear things up with jay.dont tell him about becky and be sure to talk to becky afterwards.If she is a true friend, shell believe you.
i think you should talk to becky and tell her the straight up truth. also tell jay u DONT like him, if u dont tell him, he most likely wont stop
yes u should tell her but u must have prove before u do it. otherwise she will accuse of being liar n trying 2 steal her man
YES!!
don't be a hero
Explain to Jay, that what he doing is wrong and that you feel uncomfortable with him doing all of the things mentioned. Tell him that you are a very good friend of Becky's and you don't want to do anything to jeopardize you and her's friendship. Make it clear to him that you aren't interested in him all. Don't beat around the point, tell him how it is so he would know that you are serious. If he continues, take Becky aside and explain everything to her. Make sure she understands you are for her and not against her. If she's a good friend, I'm sure she will understand.





Good Luck =]
I think you should at first tell Jay that its not right what he's doing..you don't like him and you know that if Becky saw what he was doing with you she would be hurt. So tell him to knock it off. And it might be smart to tell Becky that she should watch out for him, because if he's flirting with you he's most likely flirting with other girls too. And if Jay really liked your friend even if they weren't dating he wouldn't do that. So I say talk to Jay first about it and ask him if he really wants to be with Becky and if he does than he needs to straighten up. Guys are deff not worth losing a friend over, so hopefully if you tell Becky what he's doing she'll be smart about it. Good luck =]
the thing is...it is neither anyones fault at this. Jay obviously has no clue Becky likes him...Becky likes Jay. Jay likes you. You care about Becky. talk about a love triangle! Unless you have feelings for this Jay guy, I would not bother bringing it up to her. Whose friendship is more important, Jays or Becky's? Sounds like He needs to back off with the gestures. It would make me comfortable to. If you don't like him and he continues to do that gestures, tell him it makes you feel uncomfortable. don't let a guy do that if you don't like it.
hey girl, thanks for answering my question about my friend with the guy with the bad rep.





i personally think that you should tell Jay to just back off, hint to him that you dont like him. if he keeps flirting with you, you should deff tell becky, whether she believes you or not, she'll soon find out that you were right. and again if it keeps happening with jay then just know that she has a right to know.





basically put yourself in her shoes, then go from there ';)

No comments:

Post a Comment